Last Modified: 12 December 2022
- HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION
There are three ways and means by which your data reaches us:
- Information you provide.
- Information we collect automatically to improve our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
- INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
The following is the information we collect from you when you share it with us. By agreeing to these terms, you give us express consent to collect this information from you, store it, and share it. You can withdraw or modify your consent at any time as per the terms of Clause 4 of this policy, though note that you might not be able to use any service or feature that requires the collection or use of that personal information.
- Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
When you create an account, you need to share your username, password, email ID, or phone number with us. Since our platform is exclusively for Civil Society Organizations, you shall be required to provide us with the registration certificate of your organization. This is to ensure that only Civil Society Organizations are allowed on the platform. If your registration with certificate fails, we will provide you the option of joining the platform through verification of your government-issued identity proof. In either case, we will be storing your organization’s registration certificate or personal ID, as the case may be, to verify your status before you join the platform.
To access certain features of the Civingo Platform, like creating or linking your wallets and/or making financial transactions through it, you may need to verify your account or add other information (like a verified phone number, etc.) to your account
If you do not provide this data, you may be unable to create your account and use the Civingo Platform.
- Your Content
As we are a Civil Society Organization’s community platform, you shall be engaging in community conversations in both private and public communities, creating, posting, and sharing content through a user account, including photos, videos, voice comments, blogs, files, etc. (including drafts) in your account or with the communities you are a part of, send or receive messages directly to other users of the platform as a part of using the platform’s services (“Your Content”). You may also describe yourself in your user profile and your community if you are the creator of any community. Additionally, you may give us access to your phone contacts and email address book for syncing with your profile on the Civingo Platform. We will always have access to users added as connections in your profile, communities you are a part of, and moderation actions taken by you in each community. You will always have an option to change the privacy settings on your profile and content on the Platform.
- Social, Live, Product, and Service Commerce
Whether you are a user or a creator on the Civingo Platform, you can use the Social, Live, Product and Service Commerce service on the Platform and purchase other branded merchandise on the Platform. To enable this, we may ask you to share product-related information, including photos and videos of the product / service (if you are the owner), bank account, transaction amount, payment method, billing details, and shipping details. Such information will be shared with our third-party currency exchange partners, payment processors and payment services providers, compliance service providers, custodial service providers, wallet operators, authentication service providers, and others who need the information to process and verify transactions. In addition, information about your transactions, including a summary of your transactions, may be made available to other Users interacting with the Civingo Platform.
- Promotions and Events
You may have the opportunity to participate in promotional events or engagements. As part of such events, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, mobile phone number, and other relevant contact information. We will use this information to assess the progress of the promotion, improve on the promotion, and plan future promotions and engagements. We will use your mailing address or other contact information for the promotion to deliver your prize, if applicable, and, if you opt-in, for our marketing purposes, unless you opt out. We may also share your information provided to us to other users to assist them with understanding the nature of their fans, communities, and users engaged with promotions.
- Customer support, the complaint to the moderation panel or grievance officer, feedback, or other communications
When you contact us for customer support, to report a post/ user/ community creator/ moderator, or otherwise communicate with us, you may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, content under dispute, any other information you deem helpful, and how to contact you (e.g., an email address).
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
The following is the kind of information we collect automatically once you create your account on the Civingo Platform and start using its services:
- Device and connection information
We collect information about the device you are using to access the services. This includes information like your device identifiers, IP address, operating system information, browser information, information about your device settings, such as your microphone and/or camera, advertising identifiers, network provider/ Wi-fi or other Internet Service Provider, signal strength, location, language and time zone, battery level and usage, memory, etc.
- Usage information
We collect log and event information related to how and when you use our Civingo Platform, such as the pages, user profiles, and communities you visit and interact with, time, frequency, and duration of your activities and interactions, log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Cookie and Tracking Technologies
We may collect certain information using cookies and other technologies such as web beacons, device IDs, advertising IDs, geolocation, HTML5 local storage, Flash cookies, and IP addresses. We use these technologies to provide you with an improved user experience on our Civingo Platform and save your preferences for future visits to our Civingo Platform. We specifically use browser cookies for different purposes, including cookies that are strictly necessary for functionality and cookies that are used for personalization, performance/analytics, and advertising.
If you disable cookies, adjust privacy settings on your device, restrict local storage, or otherwise limit these technologies, you may not be able to use some of our Site features.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
- Collection Through Third Parties
We may engage third parties to collect information from you relating to your engagement with our Civingo Platform, products, and services, including your IP address, the country from which you access our Services, cookie information, hardware and software information, and other analytics technical information. These parties include data analytics vendors and related companies. We may use this information to analyze the effectiveness of our products and services and to understand your preferences and interactions with our Civingo Platform, products, and services. We may also combine this information with other data that we already have about you.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
We use your information for various purposes, including:
- Benefit of Users
- Business Use
- Legal Obligations
- BENEFIT OF USERS
- We use your information to provide you with our services. We collect and store the posts, comments, and messages you send and display them as you direct. We also use the information you provide to us to create and manage your account, facilitate purchases, and recommend communities of interest to you.
- We use your information to monitor for content moderation and take action against users and content that violate our Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, and other policies. This includes responding to user reports, detecting fraud and malware, and proactively scanning attachments and other content for illegal or harmful content.
- We also use certain information, which may include content reported to us and public posts, to develop and improve systems and models that can be automated to more swiftly detect, categorize, and take action against prohibited content or conduct.
- We use your information to provide, personalize and improve our services. This information powers our discovery surfaces.
- We use your information to contact you in connection with your account, such as to verify or secure it with two-factor authentication. We may also use your information to contact you about an important product or policy change, to send you information about products you have purchased, or to let you know about new products or features we think you’ll like. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications. Where local law requires, we will obtain your consent before sending such communications.
- We use your information to answer your questions about our products and services and investigate bugs or other issues.
- BUSINESS USE
- We use the information to keep our services secure, prevent misuse, and enforce our Terms of Service and other policies against users who violate them.
- We use your information to track our business's fundamental metrics, perform financial reporting, respond to regulatory obligations, and debug issues.
- We use your information to help us understand how users interact with our services, what features or products users may want, or to understand otherwise and improve our services. This includes information about how you use our services and how communities and their channels are structured.
- We use certain information to assist in the delivery of our advertising, measure the effectiveness of advertisements for our products, and improve such advertisements in the future. We share information with third-party advertising networks and other advertising companies to help us serve advertisements;
- We sometimes use third-party ad networks and other advertising companies to serve advertisements on our Civingo Platform.
- LEGAL COMPLIANCES
- We retain and use your information in connection with potential legal claims when necessary and for compliance, regulatory, and auditing purposes. We specifically retain information where we are required by law or if we are compelled to do so by a court order or regulatory body. Also, when you exercise any of your applicable legal rights to access, amend, or delete your personal information, we may request identification and verification documents from you to confirm your identity.
- To effectuate a sale of assets, merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other transaction. In the event of such a transaction, you grant us the right to assign the Personal Data collected via the Site
- MANAGING PREFERENCES OR WITHDRAWING CONSENT
- You may at any time withdraw your consent with future effect and without affecting the lawfulness of processing of your Personal Data based on the consent you provided before you withdrew it, and exercise other controls regarding Civingo Platform and online data collection, your communication settings, and app preferences. Depending on the service or product, collection and use of Personal Data may be required for the service or product to be provided.
- If you do not want to provide Personal Data to us that we request from you, you can choose not to provide it. Depending on what the Personal Data is that you choose not to provide, we may not be able to provide certain services or products.
- We may send you promotional communications if you opt-in to receive such communications. If you do not want to receive promotional communications, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link or other mechanisms to unsubscribe that are provided in all promotional communications. Note that you may still receive transactional messages about your account, services, or products you have requested, even if you opt out of promotional communications.
- DATA RETENTION
- Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request. If you want to make a deletion request, correct any Personal Data that you have provided to us, or have questions about our data retention practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DATA SECURITY
- We implement appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data. Please be advised, however, that we cannot entirely eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data. By using the Civingo Platform or otherwise providing Personal Data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. We may post a notice via the Site if a security breach occurs. We may also email you at the email address you provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
- THIRD-PARTY SITES
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or complaints about how we handle your Personal Data, please get in touch with us at email@example.com