Civingo Platform Community Guidelines
Last Modified: 12 December 2022.
1. These Community Guidelines (“Guidelines”) govern your use of our mobile app and website (collectively “Civingo Platform”). The Civingo Platform is owned by Advocacy Unified Network (“Organization”,“we”, “us” and “our”) a Stichting incorporated as per the laws of The Kingdom of Netherlands. The term“you” and “your” refers to a creator and/or user as the case may be.
2. Civingo has been created with a vision of a Civil Society Organization-only community platform that seeks to build a positive and valuable digital experience for Civil Society organizations worldwide. We believe that together, we can leverage technology to build a positive and valuable digital experience for Civil Society organizations worldwide, a virtuous cycle where value is created and shared fairly with Civil Society Organization creators and users. We are a free and safe virtual space where Civil Society organizations are empowered to create content and build follower communities.
3. We at Civingo recognize how important it is for Civingo to be a place where Civil Society organizations feel empowered to communicate, and we take our role seriously in keeping unpleasant elements off the platform. Our Community Guidelines try to assure that all our users find their respective joy of freedom, but not at the expense of anyone else.
4. These guidelines are straightforward and explain what is and isn’t allowed on Civingo Platforms. Everyone who consents to utilize Civingo Platform services must obey these rules, and they apply to all parts of our platform, including your content, behaviours, and bots.
5. Our Grievance Redressal team reviews all the reports which are flagged or marked by users, moderators, agencies, authorized and competent authorities, or trusted reporters. When someone violates these guidelines we may take a number of enforcement steps against them including issuing warnings; removing content; suspending or removing the accounts and/or servers responsible, and potentially reporting them to law enforcement. If you come across a user, message, or server that appears to break these guidelines, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Please note that notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing guidelines, general usage shall be deemed to include and be interpreted as the acts of hosting, displaying, uploading, modifying, publishing, transmitting, storing, updating, sharing or indulging/engaging, wherever appropriate and applicable.
2. CONTENT GUIDELINES
1. IMPERSONATION OR BREACH OF PRIVACY OF ANOTHER PERSON
Don’t post content in the communities owned or joined by you, if it fits any of the descriptions noted below.
a. Posting or misusing personal content or data or information of another person, including pictures or videos of other people who have not given express consent to such material being posted, is not allowed.
b. Do not post anyone’s personal or intimate photos or videos without their permission or consent. Do not post content that is invasive of anyone’s privacy. We will remove such content. Revealing someone’s personal data or sensitive personal information, including without limitation: contact information, address, financial information, Government Identification Number, healthcare information, sexual or intimate images and videos, passport information, or threatening someone to reveal or use such information, will be considered as harassment, and such activities are strictly unacceptable.
2. HARASSING, ABUSIVE OR DEFAMATORY CONTENT
We strongly condemn any kind of harassment or bullying on our Platform. We intend to give our users the freedom to express themselves without the fear of emotional or psychological distress. We also encourage you to report any such content that harasses another person or intends to degrade or shame any individual. Content that qualifies as a violation of these Guidelines includes, but is not limited to:
a. Posting abusive language or curse words, morphed images, and/or malicious recordings.
b. Objectifying, insulting, or harassing someone based on their race, caste, colour, disabilities, religion, sexual preferences and /or making sexual advances or otherwise engaging in sexual misconduct will not be tolerated on this Platform. Similarly, extorting or blackmailing any individual otherwise or on the basis of the abovementioned content is strictly prohibited.
c. If someone blocks you from their account, kindly do not try and contact them from a different account. If a user does not want to engage with you on the Platform, we urge you to respect the same and vice versa.
d. any image or information of a person that is shared without their consent with an intent to harass, distress or endanger them.
e. false information posted to harass someone for financial gain, or cause any injury to them
3. NUDITY AND PORNOGRAPHY
Content which contains the following is prohibited on the Platform and will be considered as a strict violation of these Guidelines:
a. Obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, or nude material or images/videos that expose private parts (sexual organs, penis, female breasts, and nipples, buttocks) and/or portray sexual activities;
b. videos or images of people in compromising positions or content which portrays sexual actions or fetish or erotic intent or sexual arousal;
c. sextortion or revenge pornography;
d. Bestiality or zoophilia;
e. content that exploits or endangers any person (for example, listing of phone numbers, or other personal information aimed at any exploitation or endangerment of a person including for the purposes of encouraging or soliciting prostitution or escort services);
f. Content that is paedophile or related to child pornography (including without limitation, creation, promotion, glorification, transmission, or browsing of child pornography); org. content that is indecent, immoral, or related to on rape, sexual objectification, non-consensual activities, and molestation.
4. CHILD ABUSIVE
Don’t post content in communities if it fits any of the descriptions below.
a. Sexually explicit content featuring minors and content that sexually exploits minors.
b. Content showing a minor participating in dangerous activities or encouraging minors to do dangerous activities.
c. Content that could cause minor participants or viewers emotional distress, including, exposing minors to mature themes, simulating parental abuse, coercing minors, violence
d. Content that targets young minors and families, but contains, sexual themes, violence, obscenity or other mature themes not suitable for young audiences.
e. Content that targets children for cyberbullying and harassment
5. INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Posting content on the Platform which is not original and is copied from another individual/organization who owns the intellectual property rights in such content/works is not allowed. Any content which violates the intellectual property rights of third parties will be taken down and strict action will be taken against users who are repeat defaulters. If you wish to reshare such content from within the Platform, kindly do not remove any attributions, watermarks, and original captions which state the authentic source of the content. In addition to this, please take the required permissions and give due credits to your fellow users or any other organization/individual who own the intellectual property rights in such content by mentioning their name and /or the original source. In case your video contains a piece of music in the background, you must ensure you have a valid license to use the same. In the event of breach or grievance received from a third party, such content shall be immediately removed from the Civingo Platform.
6. HATE SPEECH
Content that promotes violent behaviour against an individual or a group of individuals, intends to intimidate, target, or demean any particular religion, race, caste, ethnicity, community, nationality, disability (physical or mental), diseases, or gender, is prohibited. Any kind of content which produces hatred or has the intention of creating or spreading hatred or hate propaganda along the lines of including, but not limited to religion, caste, ethnicity, community, sexual orientation, or gender identity is also not allowed. We do not entertain content that spreads discrimination, intends to justify violence based on the above-mentioned attributes, and refers to an individual or a group of individuals as inferior in any sense or with negative connotations.
7. VIOLATIVE OF LAW FOR THE TIME BEING IN FORCE
a. All content, including without limitation, content that is uploaded, posted, commented on, or shared by you on our Platform, must adhere to the laws of your jurisdiction. We cooperate with legal authorities and follow enforcement mechanisms in cases of breach of applicable laws.
b. Content may not be uploaded, posted, commented on, or shared by you if it threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security, or sovereignty of any country, friendly relations with foreign States, or public order.
c. Sale of illegal goods or services, regulated goods, drugs, and controlled substances, and soliciting or selling of sexual services is strictly forbidden.
d. Content that promotes dangerous and illegal activities, or praises individuals, groups, or leaders involved in terrorism, organized violence, or criminal activities is strictly prohibited.
e. Content showcasing self-harm, glorifying self-injury or suicide, or even stating instructions on how to commit self-harm through any means is not allowed. Further, content that identifies, tags, attacks, and negatively targets or makes fun of victims and survivors of psychological/physical maltreatment, abuse, self-injury or domestic abuse, or any other form of violence is prohibited.
f. Users may not post content that is related to or encourages money laundering or gambling.
Any kind of content which spreads deliberate misinformation, disinformation, hoaxes, or fake propaganda, with the intent to mislead the users or general public at large, is not permitted. We prohibit the posting of content that exaggerates an existing piece of news by introducing non-factual elements into it.
9. THREAT TO PLATFORM SECURITY
a. Do not use the Civingo Platform to spam, intentionally or deliberately manipulate engagement, or disrupt other people’s experience, including trying to unduly influence or disrupt the platform experience using bots, fake accounts, multiple accounts, or other automation. This includes purchasing or selling methods of artificially increasing following or engagement, such as via advertisements or botting.
b. Do not organize, promote, or engage in any illegal or dangerous behavior, such as sexual solicitation, human trafficking or exploitation, selling or facilitating the sale of prohibited or potentially dangerous goods (firearms, ammunition, drugs, and controlled substances), money laundering, gambling, offering illegal/unlawful services and other related and similar activities. These activities are likely to get you kicked off the Civingo Platform, and may get you reported to law enforcement.
c. Do not abuse Civingo Platform and user points in any way, such as selling or purchasing an account or server, or participating in fraudulent Loyalty points and creator points activities which result in alteration/inflation/deflation of such points unethically.
d. Do not use self-bots or user-bots. Each account must be associated with a human, not a bot. Bots put strain on Civingo’s user infrastructure and our ability to run our services efficiently and effectively.
e. Do not mislead Civingo Platform’s support teams. Do not make false or malicious reports to Customer Support; send multiple duplicate reports about the same issue; or ask a section or group of users to mass report the same content or issue. These behaviors may result in action being taken on your account.
f. If you see any activity that violates these guidelines, our Terms of Service, or our other policies, please report it to us at email@example.com.These guidelines continue to evolve over time and shall keep doing so in the future. This means we may take action against a user or content that violates the spirit of these guidelines when we encounter a new threat or harm that is not explicitly covered in the current version. We will always make our best effort to notify you when we update these guidelines, but we entrust you to follow the spirit of them: keep Civingo Platform safe and a sanctum place for all Civil Society Organizations to belong. We thank you with the bottom of our hearts for doing your part.